Guidelines for Submission Maltese Cardiac Society Conference 20 – 23 October 2022
• The submission point for abstracts and clinical case reports for the Maltese Cardiac Society Conference 2022 is now available through the society’s website mcardios.org
• All submissions must be presented in good English and should be between 350-400 words with a maximum word count of 400 words. Acronyms and abbreviations should be avoided. One image and/or one table may be included in each submission.
• The best abstracts will be selected for oral presentation during the live conference. Other selected abstracts and case reports will be published on the online dedicated platform in an ePoster format. These ePosters will be available for viewing on-demand during and after the conference.
• A moderated poster session to be held on-site is scheduled - allowing for cancellation should further COVID restrictions be implemented by Mater Dei Hospital.
• All submissions will be peer reviewed by the conference scientific committee. An anonymous system will be used for scoring.
• All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their submission by email. Instructions will be given to authors if accepted for oral or poster presentation. Authors may be asked to revise their submission and will be expected to submit the revised document within a stipulated timeframe.
• As submitter, you are responsible for removing any elements that could be used to identify patients.
Abstract Submission Format Guidelines
Should be brief, interesting and describe the scope, content and focus of the abstract.
Briefly state what was done and concluded. Indicate why this question/topic is important (knowledge gap).
The aim and rationale of the project and why it was undertaken.
Description of what was done and how. Includes study design, collected data and measurements.
Describe the main data findings. Tables and figures may be included in the final submission after acceptance.
State what can be directly concluded from the study - must be reasonable and can be confirmed by the findings of the study. What are the suggestions for future work?
Clinical Case Submission Format Guidelines
Reason for admission/consultation, past medical history, physical exam, medication at the time of admission.
Initial work up
Including ECG, laboratory analyses, X-ray, echo or other investigations.
Diagnosis and Management
Differential diagnosis and rationale for deciding on management plan. If appropriate, refer to guidelines and indications.
Clinical outcome and any complications.
Take home messages and learning points.
Please note that only submissions adhering to the above formats will be accepted.
We look forward to reviewing your contributions and to your participation during this year’s Maltese Cardiac Society Conference.
The Maltese Cardiac Society Conference Organizing Committee 2022
GDPR Disclaimer: Please be informed that photos may be taken during this conference, which is a public event, for archiving purposes and for the Society’s historical records, as well as for promotional purposes. These photos may be published on the Society’s website and its social media channels. The Society may also use these images on printed materials such as posters or leaflets and display them at any stand it has at international cardiology conferences. Should you have any questions, or should you wish to raise any concerns, about the Society’s processing of visual images, kindly contact us through the contact form on our website.